Nursing the Cancer Patient
In this course we’ll cover what cancer is and how it’s diagnosed. We’ll discuss clinical staging and treatment options for the cancer patient and important points for nurses when it comes to supporting patients and pet owners. We’ll discuss oncological emergencies and finish with a review of common cancers in dogs and cats. With a better understanding of cancer in dogs and cats we aim to make treating cancer a positive experience for the patient, the pet owner and their treatment team.
- What is cancer and how is it diagnosed?
- Treating cancer in dogs and cats.
- Nursing the cancer patient.
- Supporting the pet owner.
- Nursing veterinary cancer emergencies.
- Common cancers in dogs and cats.
All our Tutored Online CPD Courses are written and taught by an expert in the relevant field. The tutor for this course is:
Dr Shasta Lynch BVSc(hons) MANZCVS(SAM) DipECVIM-CA(Oncology). MRCVS RCVS and European Veterinary Specialist in Oncology