Acute pain management*
This is going to hurt – if only they could tell us… a guide to acute pain management in general practice
This acute pain management course consists of lectures to assist identifying, assessing severity and management of pain in the general practice setting. The course will cover pain pathways, and the pharmacology of the agents we use and the presentations that are common in general practice, from the non-painful presentation to the emergent and painful patient. There are case studies including geriatric, co-morbid and neonatal presentations as well as local and regional techniques that are useful in general practice
Acute pain management modules
1. Pain pathways, physiology and assessment
2. Pharmacology of commonly used analgesic agents
3. Non-pharmacological and adjunctive management
4. Techniques and equipment
5. Pain presentations 1 – the originally non-painful patient
6. Pain presentations 2 – the originally painful patient for routine procedures
7. Pain presentations 3 – orthopaedic procedures, emergency presentation
8. Pain presentations 4 – soft tissue procedures, emergency presentation
Vet CPD Online Tutored Courses take approximately 8 hours to complete and can be completed at your own pace and at any time over the course’s 3-week period. There are downloadable course notes and clinical cases to work through, plus – what makes our courses unique – a busy clinical forum where questions and answers are posted and where delegates have access to the instructor for the duration of the course. This always generates some lively discussions and the idea that no one should leave a course with any unanswered questions.
At the end of the course there is a final exam plus a Certificate of Completion for your CPD records.
All our Tutored Online CPD Courses are written and taught by an expert in the relevant field. The tutor for this course is:
Joanna Potter BSc BVMS BMus MANZCVS MRCVS Dip. ECVAA