Diabetes in Cats and Dogs
This course explores the following topics:
• Module 1: Pathophysiology and aetiology of diabetes mellitus (DM) in cats and dogs
• Module 2: Diagnosis and monitoring of routine cases
• Module 3: Creating a multimodal management plan
• Module 4: Rational approach to the complicated and unstable diabetic patients
• Module 5: Diabetic emergencies – ketoacidosis, hyperglycaemic hyperosmolar syndrome (HHS) and hypoglycaemia
• Module 6: Feline DM clinical case
• Module 7: Canine DM clinical case
• Module 8: Final MCQ exam to gain your CPD certificate
Vet CPD Online Tutored Courses take approximately 8 hours to complete and can be completed at your own pace and at any time over the course’s 3-week period. There are webinars, downloadable course notes and clinical cases to work through, plus – what makes our courses unique – a busy clinical forum where questions and answers are posted and where delegates have access to the instructor for the duration of the course. This always generates some lively discussions and the idea that no one should leave a course with any unanswered questions.
At the end of the course there is a final exam plus a Certificate of Completion for your CPD records.
All our Tutored Online CPD Courses are written and taught by an expert in the relevant field. The tutor for this course is:
Dr Kit Sturgess MA, VetMB, PhD, CertVR, DSAM, CertVC, FRCVS RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Medicine Advanced Practitioner in Veterinary Cardiology