Managing common fractures*
Managing common fractures: This course aims firstly to discuss current understanding of the biological and mechanical requirements for optimal fracture healing and secondly to relate these requirements to an up-to-date approach to management of canine and feline fractures. Cases will be presented to demonstrate how the approach to fracture fixation can influence healing and the rate of post operative complications.
Managing common fractures explores the following topics:
• Module 1: Mechanical requirements for fracture healing
• Module 2: Biological requirements for fracture healing
• Module 3: Options for fracture fixation – tools and techniques of the trade
• Module 4: Management of common fractures – canine
• Module 5: Management of common fractures – feline
• Module 6: When things go wrong – non-union, mal-union, fixation failure
• End of course MCQ exam generates your CPD Certificate!
Vet CPD Online Tutored Courses take approximately 8 hours to complete and can be completed at your own pace and at any time over the course’s 3-week period. There are downloadable course notes, webinars to watch, and clinical cases to work through, plus – what makes our courses unique – a busy clinical forum where questions and answers are posted and where delegates have access to the instructor for the duration of the course. This always generates some lively discussions and the idea that no one should leave a course with any unanswered questions.
At the end of the course there is a final exam plus a Certificate of Completion for your CPD records.
All our Tutored Online CPD Courses are written and taught by an expert in the relevant field. The tutor for this course is:
Philip Witte BSc BVSc CertAVP(GSAS) DSAS(Orth) MRCVS