Skin Cytology for General Practice - On Demand
This comprehensive course will give you the basics you need for in house cytology from sampling techniques, to slide examination approach, culminating in the cytological presentation of the most common inflammatory and neoplastic conditions affecting small animals. Clinical case challenges and diagnostic algorithms will also be provided to help you understand the concepts presented and to consolidate your knowledge.
The course has been recently updated and a new module specifically dedicated to ear cytology has been added. This course explores the following topics:
- Module 1: Sampling techniques, slide staining and submission of cytological samples to external laboratories
- Module 2: Approach to slide examination and how to write a cytological report
- Module 3: Inflammatory skin lesions and response to tissue injury
- Module 4: Round cell tumours (skin)
- Module 5: Epithelial tumours (skin)
- Module 6: Mesenchymal tumours (skin)
- Module 7: Ear cytology NEW!!!!
- Module 8: Clinical cases
- Module 9: Final MCQ exam to gain your CPD certificate
Vet CPD On Demand Online Tutored Courses take approximately 8 hours to complete and can be completed at your own pace and at any time. There are downloadable course notes andclinical cases to work through, plus – what makes our courses unique – a clinical forum where questions and answers are posted and where delegates have access to the instructor for the duration of the course. This always generates some lively discussions and the idea that no one should leave a course with any unanswered questions.
At the end of the course there is a final exam plus a Certificate of Completion for your CPD records.
All our Tutored Online CPD Courses are written and taught by an expert in the relevant field. The tutor for this course is:
Francesco Cian DVM, DipECVCP, FRCPath, MRCVS RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Clinical Pathology, Batt Laboratories, Coventry, United Kingdom